THIS IS MY DREAM LIST. IT WILL PROBABLY CHANGE. But for now, these are the things I’d love to do before I die. The ones I’ve crossed off are the things I’ve already done… 🙂
Adventure and Travel
- Live in Venice like Rosalba in the Italian movie, Bread & Tulips
- Stomp grapes at a vineyard in Italy to make wine
- Visit all “Wonders of the World” at New 7 Wonders
- Tango in Argentina
- Participate in a Carnival parade in Brazil.
- Go on safari in Africa
- Participate in La Tomatina (last Wednesday in August) Buñol in the Valencia region of Spain
- Do the pilgrim’s journey to Camino de Santiago de Compostela. (Camino de Santiago)
- Run with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain during San Fermines
- Participate in Australia Day (January 26)
- Play a didgeridoo with aborigines in the Australian Outback
Sit in a hot tub outdoors in Banff, Canada and look at the stars
- Eat the most AMAZING ice cream in the World at the Taiwanese night market
- Eat fresh fruit at the Floating Market in Thailand
- Hike in the Amazon Rainforest.
Walk all through Petra, Jordan, and ride a camel, a horse and a donkey. Take a boat to an island in the Aegean Sea off the coast of Turkey Go out in a boat on the Ganges at sunrise in Varanasi, India Visit a fortune-teller/guru
- Take a tour of a fortune cookie factory
Climb an active volcano (Santorini and the Big Island, Hawaii)
Visit the Taj Mahal in Agra, India
- Shower in a waterfall
- See the Northern Lights
Take a camel safari in Jaisalmer, India L ive and work in South Korea Live and work in Oman
- Live and work in Turkey.
- Live and work in China/Hong Kong.
- Learn how to make a national dish
- Go to a yoga retreat in India
- Attend a music festival in another country
Visit the temples of Angkor in Siem Reap, Cambodia Take a junk on Halong Bay in northern Vietnam
- Ride a donkey at the Grand Canyon
Go white water rafting on the Salmon River in Idaho.And the Colorado River. Climb Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park, Maine
- Go Parasailing
Go water skiing Go snow skiing
- Run or walk a half marathon
- Fly in First Class
Sit at a cafe in Paris and write like my hero Ernest Hemingway
- Ride a motorbike in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Take a gondola ride in Venice, Italy
Take a hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia, Turkey
Visit the Greek islands: Crete & Santorini
- Go hang gliding
- Go to the hanging monastery in China
- Take a boat ride in Guilin, China
- Go shopping and touring in Hong Kong
- Take a whale watching boat trip
- Spend New Years in an exotic location
Live in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
Take a streetcar in San Francisco, CA
Hike in Yellowstone National Park
Ride a camel in the desert
See the Old Faithful geyser erupt
Hike in Glacier National Park
- Walk the Golden Gate Bridge
Using the ordnance maps in Great Britain, hike in the Cotswolds and the Lake District
- Do something you should regret, but don’t (this one shall stay open-ended!)
Visit the Catacombs in Paris
Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower
Climb to the top of Notre Dame in Paris
- Jump off a cliff into a natural body of water in an exotic location
- Take a tour of the Favellas in Rio de Janeiro
- Drink beer in a pub in Cornwall, England
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Trek through the jungle on the back of an elephant
- Visit the souq in Marrakesh, Morocco
- Stay in a tiki hut on an exotic beach
- See the Valley of the Kings in Luxor and Aswan Dam in Egypt
See the Pyramids of Giza
Visit the Great Wall of China
- See the Mayan temples
- Spend 3 months in Japan doing Buddhist practice
- Ride a tandem bike
- Go to the Kentucky Derby
- Climb to the top of St. Catherine’s monastery in Egypt
Live like a local for at least a month in another country (Egypt, South Korea, Oman).
- Live and work in Cairo, Egypt.
Take a 3 month trip around the USA and into Canada.
- Jump out of an airplane in a parachute
- Visit Iguazu National Park in Argentina (see Celebrating The Wonder Of Iguassu!)
- Go boating on the Puerto Princesa Underground River, Palawan,
- Philippines: Boating Underground: One of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
- Croatia: Plitvice Lakes National Park (Shutter Bug: Croatia Photo of the Day: Plitvice Lakes National Park)
- Take a balloon safari over the Serengeti in Tanzania. Tanzania Serengeti Balloon Safaris
- Go tent camping in the Serengeti: On the Go with Lynne: Tanzanian Bucket List: Tent Camping in the Serengeti
- Visit the rice terraces in Sa Pa, northern Vietnam: Janaline’s World Journey: Weekly Photo Challenge: Green
Visit Ethiopia: Addis Ababa, the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, and Lake Langano.
Do a 4 week Moorish tour of Spain, & Portugal.Add Morocco at another time. Visit United Arab Emirates: Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Ride a bicycle through Kyoto, Japan.
Visit Kathamandu and Pokhara, Nepal, and take a long hike through terraced fields.
- Do the 88 Temple Pilgrimage, a 1,647-kilometer Buddhist pilgrimage circuit around the island of Shikoku, Japan: artist. hippie. cali chic.: Wanderlust Wednesday: The 88 Temple Pilgrimage
- Take a 1 month road trip in the USA.
- Explore Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Delaware and North Carolina.
- Go trekking in Nepal.
- Go to the Channel Islands and Hearst Castle in California.
CITIES, COUNTRIES, OR PLACES TO VISIT:
- New Zealand (Katikati: Jo Bryant)
- Himalayas – Nepal
Greece (Especially Santorini,Mykenos, Crete, Meteora, Athens, Nafplio, Delphi)
- Loch Ness, Scotland
- Ibiza, Spain
- Porto, Portugal
- Galapagos Islands
- Easter Island
- Moorea Island in French Polynesia
- Angel Falls – Venezuela
- Berlin, Germany
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Cozumel, Mexico
- Niagara Falls
- Canary Islands, Spain
- Koh Samui, Thailand
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Antigua, Guatemala
- Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
- Tikal, Guatemala
- Andalucia, Spain: Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Malaga, Mijas, Torrox, Frigiliana
- Toledo and Consuegra, Spain
- Madrid, Spain
- Pamplona, Spain
- Boston, MA
- San Jose, CA
- Carmel, CA
San Francisco, CA
- Beirut, Lebanon
Savannah, GA Grand Tetons, Wyoming Orlando, FL
Kyoto, Japan London, UK
- Rome, Italy
- Florence, Italy
- Venice, Italy
- Tuscany, Italy
- Matera, Italy (THE TRAVELBUNNY: Matera and Secrets of the Sassi)
Nice, France Normandy, France Alsace, France Cordes Sur Ciel and Montsegur in France
Portugal – Sintra, Lisbon, Evora, the Algarve
- Stonehenge in England
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- South Africa
India – north
- India – south
- China (again)
- Hong Kong
- Damascus, Syria
- Costa Rica
- Prague, Czech Republic (Prague’s Astronomical Clock)
Siem Reap, Cambodia Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- More of Japan
- Utah deserts
- Big Bend, Texas
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Faroe Islands, Denmark (Edge of the World ~ Faroe Islands, Denmark)
- Sri Lanka
- Southern India (Goa, Kerala)
Take quilting classes and make artsy quilts Take jewelry-making classes and make jewelry Communicate with someone without sharing a common spoken language
- Learn to Belly Dance
- Take photography classes
Take a Travel Writing course Take creative writing classes
- Find True Love ~ a fellow adventurer through life
- Go back to the USA
- Write a book of my travels
- Finish my novel, publish it, and then write another
- Become a travel journalist
Teach English in a foreign country
- Volunteer abroad for a month.
- Make a major difference in the life of a complete stranger
- Save someone’s life
- Work on democracy-building and freedom of the press in the Middle East (someday)
- Become fluent in 2 other languages (Arabic and French).
- Get an article about my travels published.
- Practice yoga.
- Join a hiking group.
Keep a current blog
- Practice meditation
- Read the Bible and the Quran to educate myself about world religions
- Start running again